7jetset7

Sign Up Now for
7J7 Updates and
Exclusive Content !
only $27 /year

Receive thousands of updates and pertinent information for all airlines, especially the ones that matter most to you!

We take the guess work out of flight and airport data — we are the most up-to-date resource for international airline information.

Airlines

Name: OREX - ORBIT EXPRESS
7JetSet7 Code: ORX
Status: Currently Not Operational
Region: EUROPE
City: ISTANBUL
Country: TURKEY
Employees 70
Web: orexaircargo.com
Email: sammim@orexaircargo.com
Telephone: +90 (212) 663-1665
Fax: +90 (212) 663-1766
Sita: ISTORXH
Background
(definitions)

Click below for data links:
ORX-NEWS

Formed and started operations in 2003. A K A Orbit Express. Domestic, regional & international, cargo, jet airplane services.

Address:
Germiyan SK No 6, Villa Orex
TR-34810 Florya-Istanbul, Turkey

TURKEY: POPULATION: 67.3 MILLION. ONCE THE CENTER OF THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE, TURKEY WAS FOUNDED IN 1923 AS A SECULAR STATE WHOSE POPULATION IS OVERWHELMINGLY MUSLIM THOUGH NOT ARAB. A LONG-STANDING MEMBER OF NATO AND A CANDIDATE FOR MEMBERSHIP IN THE EUROPEAN UNION (EU), TURKEY HAS LOOKED TO THE WEST AS A MODEL. EXCEPT FOR BITTER WATER DISPUTES WITH SYRIA AND IRAQ, TURKEY HAS USUALLY MANAGED TO SIDESTEP REGIONAL POLITICS. WITH A DEVELOPED ECONOMY BUT LITTLE OIL, IT RELIES ON A VAST NETWORK OF MEGA DAMS FOR HYDROELECTRIC POWER AND IRRIGATION.

February 2004: A300B4-203F (173, TC-ORJ), C-S Aviation (CSV) leased.

July 2004: Plans to start operating 747's.

July 2005: Orbit Express (ORX) operates international, cargo, jet airplane routes to the Far East and Europe.

70 employees (including 25 Flight Crew (FC) & 15 Maintenance Technicians (MT)).

(IATA) Code: XW. (ICAO) Code: ORX (Callsign - OREX).

Main Base: Istanbul Ataturk International (IST).

January 2009: Macedonian start-up Star Airlines has inaugurated operations with a single ex-Tradewinds Airlines (TWX), ex-(N923FT) 747-2U3B (SCD) (Z3-CAA) on lease from Triton Aviation (TIA). Star Airlines is 51% owned by Macedonian investors, the remaining 49% being held by the same owners as Turkish freight carrier, Orex (ORX). - - SEE ATTACHED PHOTO - - "ORX-747-2009-01."

Fleet:
(definitions)

Click below for photos:
ORX-747-JAN09

December 2013:

1 747-2U3B (SCD) (JT9D-7Q) (562-22769, Z3-CAA - - SEE ATTACHED PHOTO - - "ORX-747-2009-01"), EX-(TWX), EX-(N923FT), (TIA) LSD 2008-12. FREIGHTER.

1 A300B4-203F (CF6-50C2) (173, TC-ORK), (CSV) LSD 2004-02. RTND 2004-07. LSD (AGAIN) 2004-09. FREIGHTER.

1 A300B4-203F (CF6-50C2) (183, /82 TC-ORI), SKY WORKS LSD 2003-12. (AGAIN) 2004-09. FREIGHTER.

1 A300C4-203F (CF6-50C2) (083, /79 TC-ORH "AIDA"), (GEF) LSD 2003-05. FREIGHTER.

Management:
(definitions)

CAPTAIN KANI KURTULUS, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO) & GENERAL MANAGER.

HAMIT KAHVECI, VP BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (hamit@orexaircargo.com).

 
Top of Page

 

Since you are not logged in, we can show you only live Airtran Airways data. This page will demonstrate the depth of data we have for every airline. Close and View Airtran Airways ›