7jetset7

Sign Up Now for
7J7 Updates and
Exclusive Content !
only $27 /year

Receive thousands of updates and pertinent information for all airlines, especially the ones that matter most to you!

We take the guess work out of flight and airport data — we are the most up-to-date resource for international airline information.

Airlines

Name: SHOROUK AIR
7JetSet7 Code: SHO
Status: Currently Not Operational
Region: AFRICA
City: CAIRO
Country: EGYPT
Employees 336
Web: egyptair.com.eg/docs/shorouk/corporate/history.htm
Email: shorouk_md@iec.egnet.net
Telephone: (2) 417 23 09
Fax: (2) 417 23 11
Sita: CAIEZ7Q
Background
(definitions)

FORMED IN 1992. SCHEDULED & CHARTER, PASSENGER & CARGO, JET AIRPLANE SERVICES.

EGYPT (ARAB REPUBLIC OF EGYPT): POPULATION: 72 MILLION. ESTABLISHED IN 1922. EGYPT'S HUGE AND GROWING POPULATION, IS AMONG THE BEST-EDUCATED - AND WORST EMPLOYED - IN THE ARAB WORLD. IN THE LAST 50 YEARS, SINCE NATIONALISTS OUSTED A CONSTITUTIONAL MONARCHY, AND THE LAST VESTIGES OF BRITISH CONTROL, EGYPT HAS BEEN DEMOCRATIC, BUT AUTHORITARIAN. COVERS AN AREA OF 1,001,449 SQ KM, ITS CAPITAL CITY IS CAIRO, AND ITS OFFICIAL LANGUAGE IS ARABIC.

OCTOBER 1993: SHOROUK AIR (SHO) IS OWNED BY EGYPTAIR (EGP) (51%) & KUWAIT AIRWAYS (KUW) (49%).

DELAYING 2 757-200PF'S & 1 757 PAX DELIVERIES FROM 1994 TO 1995.

JANUARY 1994: 1993 LOSS = -$9.7 MILLION.

JULY 1994: 1 +3 ORDERS 757-200 (PW2037) (1 757-29J & 2 757-26DPF'S IN 1995); 2 +2 ORDERS A320-231'S. STRONG POTENTIAL FOR EXTENDED TWIN-ENGINE OPERATIONS (ETOPS).

OCTOBER 1994: 2 A320-200'S (V2500-A1), EX-ONUR AIR (ONU).

APRIL 1995: CEASED OPERATIONS.

DECEMBER 1995: 1 A320-231 LEASED TO (ALN).

NOVEMBER 1997: 1 A320 (V2500) (444), ONUR AIR (ONU) WET-LEASED FOR 6 MONTHS.

APRIL 1998: CEASED OPERATIONS.

JUNE 1998: EGYPTAIR BUYS +2%, FOR TOTAL 51%, LEAVING KUWAIT AIRLINES WITH 49%.

APRIL 1999: 202 EMPLOYEES (INCLUDING 27 FLIGHT CREW (FC), 53 CABIN ATTENDANTS (CA), & 50 MAINTENANCE TECHNICIANS (MT)).

SITA: CAIEZ7Q.

DECEMBER 1999: 1 A320 (V2500) (478), EX-KYRGYZSTAN AIR (KYR), DEBIS AIRFINANCE (DEA) 5 YEAR LEASED.

JANUARY 2000: PLANS FOR 36 CHARTER FLIGHTS/WEEK FROM GERMANY, FRANCE & SWEDEN TO LUXOR, SHARM EL SHEIKH, AND GHARGADA.

3 A320'S WET-LEASED TO EGYPTAIR (EGP). 4TH A320-200, 5-YEAR LEASED,
UNTIL END 4/00.

APRIL 2000: 240 EMPLOYEES (INCLUDING 30 FLIGHT CREW (FC), 82 CABIN ATTENDANTS (CA), & 50 MAINTENANCE TECHNICIANS (MT)).

(shorouk_md@iec.egnet.net).

HUBS: HURGHADA AIRPORT, AND SHARM EL-SHEIKH AIRPORT.

JUNE 2000: 1 A320 (V2500) (344), EX-CONSTELLATION (COT), DEBIS (DEA) 5 YEAR LEASED.

APRIL 2001: 240 EMPLOYEES (INCLUDING 30 FLIGHT CREW (FC), 82 CABIN ATTENDANTS (CA), & 50 MAINTENANCE TECHNICIANS (MT)).

DECEMBER 2001: 240 EMPLOYEES. SITA: CAIOK7Q.

July 2002: EgyptAir (EGP) wound up the operations of an existing charter subsidiary, Shorouk Air (SHO) owned jointly with Kuwaiti interests.

April 2003: 336 employees (including 47 Flight Crew (FC), 98 Cabin Attendants (CA), & 63 Maintenance Technicians (MT)).

Parent organization/shareholders: EgyptAir (EGP) (51%); & Kuwait Airways (KUW) (49%).

Shorouk Air (SHK) flies charters to Europe, the Middle east, and Africa.

Main Base: Cairo International airport (CAI). SITA: CAIOK7Q.

(http://www.egyptair.com.eg/docs/shorouk/corportate/history.htm).

September 2003: Went into liquidation.

4 A320-231's (322; 326; 344; 478), returned to lessor.

Fleet:
(definitions)

September 2003:

0 A320-231 (V2500-A1) (322, /92, SU-RAA), EX-(ONU), (326, /92 SU-RAB; 478 /94 C), EX-(KYR), (DEA) 5 YR LSD 1999-12. 322; 326; 478; RTND 2003-09. 174Y.

0 A320-231 (V2500-A1) (344, /92 SU-RAD), EX-(COT), (DEA) 5 YR LSD 2000-06, 344 RTND 2003-09. 174Y.

0 A320-232 (760), RTND (ILF), LST (MEA) 2001-01.

Management:
(definitions)

ZAHER ZAKI, CHAIRMAN & MANAGING DIRECTOR.

ABDUL REHMAN BU-HAIMED, MANAGING DIRECTOR TECHNICAL.

MOHAMED BASSIONI, FLIGHT OPERATIONS DIRECTOR.

NABIL SOLAIMAN, FINANCE DIRECTOR.

HELMY SOROURY, ADMINISTRATION DIRECTOR.

REGGAI SAMAK, AUDIT DIRECTOR.

ASHRAF BALAHA, COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR.

AHMED MOUSTAFA, DIRECTOR ECONOMIC AFFAIRS & PLANNING.

R ZAKI IBRAHIM, QUALITY CONTROL (QC) MANAGER.

A MAOTY A BAKR, MAINTENANCE MANAGER.

 
Top of Page

 

Since you are not logged in, we can show you only live Airtran Airways data. This page will demonstrate the depth of data we have for every airline. Close and View Airtran Airways ›